Mother Brown's Puddin' Mush
Mother Brown is said to have always used beef liver plus pork meat.
- Staple ingredients: 2 pounds each of pork and liver; corn meal.
- Equipment: boiling pot & bread-loaf pan(s).
- Cook on stove top: boil as needed but don't scorch.
- Seasoning: salt & pepper to taste and do so as served.
- Liquid component: tap water.
- PROCESS: boil pork in the two (2) quarts of water until done & season to taste, being careful to not over-do it. Remove the pork and then put the liver into that pork-stock broth & boil until done. Remove liver & hold with pork. Strain the stock. While bringing back to boil, grind the pork & liver together. Add cornmeal to thicken the re-heating broth some and then work the ground pork/liver into it. Once all is blended, pour into the loaf pan(s) and allow to cool & solidify. Slice and fry to whatever desired brownness or crispiness and serve (often with eggs and grits). Some like pieces as snacks.
Favorite Recipes List
***give me your comments about this
check out the Highest
[posted 16 October 2015]